I explain the technique that I have been using that has yielded some great overall development to my upper chest. Give this a try! Remember it's not about how much you can lift it's how you lift the weight. Make sure your feeling your chest do the work not your shoulders and triceps. There are several guys at my gym that are A LOT stronger then me on pressing movements but they have no chest development. If your goal is to develop a chest then focus on the mind muscle connection and get strong contractions and don't worry about the weight.
Hey there, mate. I am curious as to what you might suggest for gaining the cut-look underneath the pec, to help round that out. My upper pecs are full, but I would like underneath the pec to be a bit more shaped. Is this primarily a decline, press/fly movement, or is there anything else to that? Thanks!
27 February 2012
Tyler - Dips and cable flys will target that area as well. I suggest prioritizing this into your chest workouts. Example workout I would do would be
- Decline Press
- Decline Fly
- Flat Press
- Cable Fly
Hey Tyler this might seem like a confusing question but have you noticed your face changing as your weight changes? When I am at my leanest, my jawline is much more pronounced and i Just feel as if I look different whereas when I have put on excess weight my face is also different. I also see that bodybuilders and their faces are much different when they are dieting for a show and in the offseason. Thoughts?
27 February 2012
Tyler - Yeah it just has to do with body fat fluctuations. I remember when I was at my heaviest at 255lb my cheeks were very full and puffy looking. Now since my body fat doesn't ever get high my face stays lean.
My bad this is my first time using this and I hit return by mistake. As I was saying, I am just coming back to the gym after a back injury. I don't want to use supplements. I want to work out natutal. No store brought proteins none of that. Just fresh fruits,vegetables and nuts. No red meat fish and chicken. Now, you and I are the same height 6'3, can I achieve muscle growth naturally w/o using supplements?
27 February 2012
Tyler - You can just make sure your are eating enough protein and getting enough rest. I suggest 1.5g to 2g per body pound of protein.
Tyler, when or if you take creatine on your non training days, do you mix it with jiuce or just in your protein shakes?
27 February 2012
Tyler - The only creatine I take is what's in Cell K.E.M. and I still take it on my off days before I go to bed
Hello Ty ! I can't wait to suscribe your member section !! Do you think you 'll have a paypal mean of payment for your international fans ?? thanks and stay the BEST !
27 February 2012
Tyler - Thanks man! yeah it'll be set up through paypal anyone from all over the world will be able to join.
Do you swim at all? Swimming is good for cutting right?
27 February 2012
Tyler - A few years ago in 2009 when I was trying to lost a bunch of weight to try out fashion modeling I swam several times a week. It will get you into great shape and the shittier of a swimmer you are the more you will get out of it because it is HARD. What kept happening to me was that I would get swimmers ear. Even though I wore ear plugs too...so make sure to wear ear plugs because swimmers ear is very annoying
What is the first song that is on ur shoulders Feb. 17 vid?
26 February 2012
Tyler - Plump DJs - Light Fantastic
Tyler, if you are looking for suggestions to cover in the members section, I would love to see stiff-leg deadlifts. It's pretty advanced, and I would love to hear your advice on how to do it correctly.
24 February 2012
Tyler - thanks Daniel will do!
Back to training weights once a day. Twice a day was a bit much for my schedule. Also started back taking some supplements again today. Had an awesome workout. I'm taking some new stuff I've never tried before.
- Incline BB Press one drop set on last set - 4x10-4
- Flat DB Press - 4x8-12
- Incline DB Fly - 3x12
- Flat Smith Machine Press - 3x10-12 2 drop sets on last set
- Straight bar cable pressdowns - 3x12
- Cable seated overhead ext superset bench crunches - 3x12 tricep and 3x30 crunches
- Cardio - dog walk 25 minutes
- Flat Barbell Press - 5x15,12,10,8,2
- Incline DB Press - 4x12,10,8,5
- DB Pullovers superset Cable Flys - 3x12
- Standing DB Lateral Raise superset upright row - 3x12-15
- Standing One arm Cable Side raise superset DB Shrugs - 3x12
- One Arm Cable Kickouts superset hands close pushups to failure
Here is a picture I took yesterday. I'm currently weighing 208lb in the AM on an empty stomach.
- Incline Barbell Press - 4x12-2
- Flat Hammer Strength Press - 4x12,8,15,6
- Incline DB Fly - 4x12
- Flat Barbell Press - 3x8-12
PM - Shoulders/Tri's/ABS
- Barbell Military Press - 4x8-15
- Behind the back one arm cable lateral - 3x12
- Standing DB Lateral Raise - 4x12
- Upright Row - 3x10-12
- Barbell Shrugs - 3x12
- Dips - 3xfailure bodyweight 20,15,12
- Skull crushers - 3x12
- One arm reverse grip cable pressdown - 3x12
- Bench crunches - 3x30
- Lying leg raises - 3x15
Today I started a new 2 a day weight training split. I've been wanting to try a split like this for a while. Everything is trained twice a week. My first workout was around 10:45am and my second workout was at 4:30pm.
- Slight incline Smith Machine Press - 5 total sets (12,8,15,6,12)
- Incline DB Press - 4 total sets (12,8,15,8)
- Flat DB Fly - 4x12
- Seated Calve Raise - 4x12
- Seated DB Lateral Raises 5 total sets (15,10,8,20,12)
- Smith Machine Overhead Press 4 total sets (12,8,15,8,15)
- Behind the back cable lateral raise - 3x10-12
- DB Front Raise - 3x12
- Behind the back smith machine shrugs - 3x12
- Seated Overhead Cambered bar EXT - 4x10-12
- V-Bar Pushdowns - 3x12 superset Rope crunches 3x12
- One Arm Overhead DB Ext superset sit ups on decline bench 3x12 and failure on situps
This is part 1 of a 3 part series. If you can only make it to the gym 3 days a week here is a routine to do on one of the days. Part 2 and 3 coming in the next couple of weeks! I'm 3 Days away from my upcoming shoots and I supersetted chest and back together. I also made both of the beats used in the video this past weekend. These are rough drafts not complete beats. More to come soon!
- Incline Hammer Strength Press - 2 warm up sets 3 working sets 2 drop sets on the last set. 3x5-12
- Incline Barbell Press - 3x10-12 2 drop sets on last set
- Cable Flys - 3x15-20
- Flat Smith Machine Press - 3x6-12 1 drop set on last set
- FST Technique Flat DB Flys - 5x12
- Standing DB Lateral Side Raises - 4x10-12 2 drop sets on last set
- Seated Hammer Strength preacher curl - 3x12 2 drop sets on last set superset rope crunches
- Standing Concentration Curls superset rope crunches 2x12
- Standing Calve Raise - 5x12-15 superset bodyweight standing raise
- sit ups on decline bench - 2x15
Very high volume and very intense workout. Had an awesome pump throughout the whole routine.. I didn't want to stop :) I decided to take my afternoon cardio off. The only cardio I did for today was a 30 minute walk with the dogs this morning when I woke up. Another day down....another day closer to my shoots!
My second workout at the new gym and it was INTENSE. I'm surprised that my strength is still going up considering I'm low carbs and doing extra cardio. Being in a new environment with new equipment has definitely been a great change. With 14 days left till my shoot I'm looking forward to getting back in front of the camera! I've never been in this type of condition before!
- Incline Hammer Strength Press - 4x 5x12 2 drops on last set. (on my forth set i used 3 plates on each side for 5 reps)
- Incline DB Press - 1 feel set 3x8x10 1 dropset on last set (worked up to 80's)
- Flat DB Fly - 3x10-12 one dropset on last set (worked up to 60's)
- Decline Hammer Strength Press - 3x8-10 2 dropsets on last set
- DB Pullovers - 3x12 used a 90
- Preacher Curl Machine - 4x10-12 one dropset superset with standing calve raise
- Standing DB Curl - 2x10 superset seated calve raise
- Sit ups on decline bench - 2x20 superset standing concentration curls 2x12
- AB crunch machine 3x12